Re: win32 keyboard handler

From: Andrew Dunbar (hippietrail@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Apr 11 2003 - 02:59:10 EDT

     --- Tomas Frydrych <tomas@frydrych.uklinux.net>
    wrote: >
    > The win32 keyboard handler seems rather broken, it
    > only handles
    > keyboard shortcuts made of Ctrl+letter. I does not
    > allow any
    > shortcuts using Alt, including Alt+Ctrl, and it does
    > not allow any
    > shortucts formed Ctrl+symbol/number. This means that
    > many of our
    > default bindings do not work.
    >
    > There might be good reasons for leaving the handling
    > of keys modified
    > with Alt alone to the system, but we really need to
    > be processing the
    > Alt+Ctrl combinations, and need to be able to use
    > not only letters
    > but also symbols and numbers with both Ctrl and
    > Alt+Ctrl -- many of
    > these are standard Word shortcuts.

    Hi Tomas. The Win32 keyboard handling code was just
    reworked so maybe we lost some functionality? I'm not
    sure. Our old code was too low-level and we were
    blocking a few tools as well as the ALT+keypad stuff
    from working.

    I suggest filing a bug report unless you can work on
    adding the missing stuff right away.

    Andrew Dunbar.

    > Tomas

    =====