[...] User Interface stuff, Format Table Dialog

From: Alan Horkan (horkana@maths.tcd.ie)
Date: Sun Apr 13 2003 - 12:30:02 EDT

    I noticed this screen shot in the Abiword Weekly News.
    http://www.abisource.com/information/news/2003/win32-format-table-030408.jpg

    Buttons with only ... on them are bad. Fitts Law for one thing, not
    being absolutely sure what action they are associated with for another.
    (I came up with these reasons just now, I could probably manage a
    reference to HIG if tried harder)

    I am not sure what the best fix for this is, a quick fix would be to move
    the associated text onto the button but if I were to think about it for a
    while I could borrow a good layout for a colour picker from somewhere (I
    quite like the menu box with basic colours and an option for more at the
    bottom).
    I also noticed that fixing it is on the TODO list
    http://www.abisource.com/mailinglists/abiword-dev/2003/Apr/0050.html
    I just wanted to point this out and hopefully Marc will be able
    to work some magic on it (the gtk version at least) when he gets the
    chance.

    Is this worth filing a seperate bug report?

    Sincerely

    Alan Horkan
    http://advogato.org/person/AlanHorkan/

    Please dont use [...] buttons