Re: Will OASIS/XML format be supported?

From: M. Fioretti (m.fioretti@inwind.it)
Date: Sun Apr 13 2003 - 13:40:54 EDT

    On Sun, Apr 13, 2003 18:34:12 at 06:34:12PM +0100, Alan Horkan (horkana@maths.tcd.ie) wrote:

    > There is an importer in Abiword for the Sun Microsystems StarOffice /
    > OpenOffice.org OASIS file format.
    Just to make my original question clearer: my main interest is not
    exactly to know if there are import/export filters and their status,
    but if there is the plan/will to make of that format the default one
    in which AbiWord creates/edits/saves its document, *without* filtering
    or explicit user request.

    Filters are good, but between Free/OS applications they shouldn't
    exist in the first place, should they?

            TIA,
                    Marco Fioretti

    --
    Marco Fioretti                 m.fioretti, at the server inwind.it

    If you have the right attitude, interesting problems will find you Eric S. Raymond, "The Cathedral and the bazaar", chapter 2