Re: Will OASIS/XML format be supported?

From: Marc Maurer (j.m.maurer@student.utwente.nl)
Date: Sun Apr 13 2003 - 18:33:43 EDT

    > My point exactly. Personally, I can understand some of the technical
    > issues, and also the desire of a developer to show his way of what the
    > best possible format should be like, but saying to the end user "there
    > are all "brother", non competing apps" and "but they don't share the
    > way of saving information" looks, IMO, ugly...

    Well, lemme also throw in a slightly offtopic comment: We *are* (well, at least I am) competing
    with other applications like OpenOffice. We think (or at least try) we can write a better application in terms of speed, ease of use,
    presenting a familiar looking interface to the user and even functionality. Especially the functionality part might be of interest here: if we think of some functionality which no other application supports, than we would probable have a hard time adjusting the OASIS file format for it. For example: our automagically updating Fields are not supported by OASIS AFAICT...

    But you can correct me if I'm wrong...

      Marc