Re: cdump and cross-compile

From: Hubert Figuiere (hfiguiere@teaser.fr)
Date: Thu Apr 17 2003 - 04:39:52 EDT

    On jeudi, avr 17, 2003, at 11:32 Europe/Paris, Daniel Glassey wrote:

    > Cross-compiling is looking good so far but there is a problem with
    > cdump.
    > Currently cdump is used in the build process to generate source files
    > from
    > images. However, in a cross-compile it will be built for the target so
    > you
    > can't use it in the build process.
    > It might be possible to hack around and get cdump to build natively,
    > but the
    > image files in question (splash.png and sidebar.png) haven't been
    > changed
    > since 2001 and change rarely.
    > Would there be any issues (like endian or anything) in including the
    > generated
    > source files in CVS to solve this problem?

    Seriously, I thought about putting images like splash screen and
    tollbar icons as resources.
    By resources I mean out of the source code. That would be installed
    files for UNIX, as Win32 resource for Win and inside the application
    bundle for MacOS X (if that port ever gets to life).
    And problably converting all the XPM to PNG in the mean time.

    I haven't done anything yet in that area.

    Hub

    --
    Hubert Figuière - http://www.figuiere.net/hub/
    Cell-phone: +33 6 18 01 42 11 - iChat/AIM: hfiguiere