Re: I'm stopping the MacOS X port (yes, that is a rant)

From: Robert G. Werner (robert@inreachtech.net)
Date: Thu Apr 17 2003 - 16:33:30 EDT

    Hubert Figuiere wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > This is unrelated to the previous commit I did. But I just wanted to let
    > you know that I took the decision to abandon MacOS X centered
    > development of AbiWord. The decision is not motived by lack of interest
    > in AbiWord. Au contraire. I'm still motivated to help the project and
    [snip]
    > Hub
    I'm so sorry they did this to you. I'm sure it had nothing to do with
    the quality of your work and everything to do with some sort of
    politics at the leadership level.

    I still get really wound up at review time. I have to work hard not
    to get upset because of all the past stupidness I've seen. Seems like
    they never evaluate me on the things I do every day and instead focus
    on perifrial issues.

    Anyway, best of luck on the job search. I'm sure there is someone
    out there that deserves your skills.

    --
    In Reach Technology:    http://inreachtech.net/

    Robert G. Werner robert@inreachtech.net