Return: uPOW 2001.17 - Where to send AbiWord announcements

From: ericzen (ericzen@ez-net.com)
Date: Sat Apr 26 2003 - 20:36:17 EDT

    Jesper once said:

    Hi there,

    I can't help feeling that we're selling ourselves too cheaply when
    announcing stuff. In other words, I feel that we don't reach enough
    potentially interested people with our release announcements (and soon
    to be resumed, the weekly news).

    For that reason, I'd like someone to volunteer coordinating the
    creation of a list of email addresses of magazines (and similar) which
    should be notified on release / weekly news announcements.

    Presenly I can think of:

     Release Announcements:
       editor@lwn.net: Linux Weekly News
       ??????????????: GNOME Weekly Summary
       ??????????????: GNOME Gnotices
       ??????????????: freshmeat.net

     Weekly News Announcements:
       editor@lwn.net: Linux Weekly News
       ??????????????: GNOME Weekly Summary

    But I'm sure there's bound to be plenty of other news outlets that
    could be interested in carrying our announcements. Also Windows, Mac,
    QNX and BeOS sites!

    Please help compile a good long list - and please make sure the editor
    receiving the announcements will actually be interested (no, I have
    not checked if editor@lwn.net would want our announcements - that's
    part of the uPOW :)

    <me>

    I'd like to re-emphasize the need for non-Linux-y news sites.
    Windows is most wanted, but there must be at least one for QNX and Mac sites as well.

    -Eric