Re: Return: uPOW 2001.17 - Where to send AbiWord announcements

From: Hubert Figuiere (hfiguiere@teaser.fr)
Date: Sun Apr 27 2003 - 12:19:38 EDT

    On dimanche, avr 27, 2003, at 02:36 Europe/Paris, ericzen wrote:

    > For that reason, I'd like someone to volunteer coordinating the
    > creation of a list of email addresses of magazines (and similar) which
    > should be notified on release / weekly news announcements.
    >
    > Presenly I can think of:
    >
    > Release Announcements:
    > editor@lwn.net: Linux Weekly News
    > ??????????????: GNOME Weekly Summary
    > ??????????????: GNOME Gnotices
    > ??????????????: freshmeat.net

    > Weekly News Announcements:
    > editor@lwn.net: Linux Weekly News
    > ??????????????: GNOME Weekly Summary

    For both: abisource-announce@abisource.com

    Of course, you need to be allowed to do that. I can add your address to
    the list of authorized senders, or forward myself...

    > But I'm sure there's bound to be plenty of other news outlets that
    > could be interested in carrying our announcements. Also Windows, Mac,
    > QNX and BeOS sites!

    Forget BeOS.... We no longer run on it. Post-2.0, we'll scrap the code
    from CVS if no progress is being made. I doubt it ever will.

    Hub

    --
    Unemployed AbiWord maintainer - http://www.figuiere.net/hub/
    Cell-phone: +33 6 18 01 42 11 - AIM: hfiguiere