Re: Return: uPOW 2001.17 - Where to send AbiWord announcements

From: Eric Zen (ericzen@ez-net.com)
Date: Sun Apr 27 2003 - 18:14:24 EDT

    On 2003.04.27 11:19 Hubert Figuiere wrote:

    > On dimanche, avr 27, 2003, at 02:36 Europe/Paris, ericzen wrote:
    > >
    > > Weekly News Announcements:
    > > editor@lwn.net: Linux Weekly News
    > > ??????????????: GNOME Weekly Summary
    >
    > For both: abisource-announce@abisource.com
    >
    > Of course, you need to be allowed to do that. I can add your address to
    > the list of authorized senders, or forward myself...

    Yes, we talked about it before, but, and it might just be me, it seems that the announcement list (which a person doesn't really see mentioned on the site that much) would best be left to version releases.

    > > But I'm sure there's bound to be plenty of other news outlets that
    > > could be interested in carrying our announcements. Also Windows, Mac,
    > > QNX and BeOS sites!
    >
    > Forget BeOS.... We no longer run on it. Post-2.0, we'll scrap the code
    > from CVS if no progress is being made. I doubt it ever will.

    There was *A* patch.... Anyhow, the bits I actually said somewhat excluded BeOS for the 'virtually dead' reason.

    As the discussion with Jordi went some time ago, I really do want to bring in more of the Win32 crowd, but QNX and Mac (to some extent) are also being developed, so, I'd like to bring in more of those folks. More people who read the development might be interested in participating ^_^

    -Zen