dates and times

From: Tomas Frydrych (tomasfrydrych_at_yahoo.co.uk)
Date: Sun Dec 07 2003 - 15:43:16 EST

    We should really have some way for properly localising strftime()
    output so we can produce correctly localised basic date and time
    strings for using in the GUI. It would enough to have just the basic
    numerical formats (dd/mm/yy vs. mm/dd/yy vs. dd.mm.yy, etc.).

    One possibility would be to add const char * getDateFmt() and const
    char * getTimeFmt() to UT_Locale and these would return correct fmt
    strings for feeding to strftime(). For maintanence it might be
    simplest if these strings were in XAP string set, but they could
    easily be part of the UT_Locale class, as there are not going to be
    that many of them.

    Any suggestions?

    Tomas