Re: dates and times

From: Dom Lachowicz (domlachowicz_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Dec 07 2003 - 16:09:42 EST

    Hi Tomas,

    We already have such things, through the magic of
    strftime's arguments. Many of the arguments are
    defined in terms of what is correct "according to the
    current locale." As such, I'm against adding any such
    method to any of our objects. What you want is
    probably '%c' or more likely '%x'.

    What does concern me is that strftime isn't being
    called in a UTF-8 locale, and we're calling something
    effectively equivalent to 'UT_UCS4_strcpy_char' on all
    of them. This is dangerous behavior.

    Dom