Re: some explanations about revisions and related stuff

From: Tomas Frydrych (tomasfrydrych_at_yahoo.co.uk)
Date: Tue Dec 16 2003 - 06:15:41 EST

    > Back in 1990, I designed a WP with integrated versioning.
    > very much like what you are implementing right now. What users liked
    > about the system was that they could, at any time, "roll back" to a
    > specific part. As long as the UI/UE for such a feature is easy to
    > understand and use - the backend can/should be very powerful.

    I have not thought this far. At present the history merely records
    that the document was changed and when; it does not record how it was
    changed. However, it would be very easy to link this history record
    with the revisioning system, so that each new version also starts a
    new revision set with the appropriate version id. I need to give some
    thought to what would be needed for the UI, but this seems as a good
    idea.

    Tomas