Re: Helping with Indic [Re: AbiWord-2.1.0 Released!]

From: Marc Maurer (j.m.maurer_at_student.utwente.nl)
Date: Mon Dec 22 2003 - 08:38:27 EST

    > The first is straight forward. Translations of our our strings into Indic
    > Languages. This should be straight forward an English/Indic speaker. You
    > simply need to edit the *.po files and put in the translated UTF-8 codes.

    Addition: the .po files live in the 'abi' module, in the ./abi/po directory. When you use .po files to update the strings, don't forget to run the update.pl script first, which resides in the same directory. This will bring the .po file up2date. When you're done translating, run the ui-backport.pl script, so the po file is converted to a '.strings' file: this is a file format AbiWord can understand, since we don't have gettext support.

    Marc