GNOME HIG and libglade2

From: Marc Maurer (j.m.maurer@student.utwente.nl)
Date: Mon Feb 03 2003 - 18:05:21 EST

    In the light of the recent GNOME HIG documents, I want to redesign some dialogs
    to make them HIG compliant.

    In the very distant past, the AbiWord GTK dialogs have been made using glade.
    They are even in a CVS module. They were only used to generate *code* for the
    dialogs. Since then, things have changed in the code, which results in the fact
    that the glade files can NOT easily be used anymore.

    I've done some redesigning already (using Glade-2) and I don't want the horrible
    mess as described before ever again! I want design a dialog, and not having to
    do it ALL over again when something silly changes in our code. This means I want
    to use libglade2 to load the UI. This will give of way more flexibility with
    respect to our UI design.

    Now, there were some people against using libglade2. Speak now, or be silent
    _forever_.

    Bye!
      Marc