Question -- installation methods

From: sam th (sam@uchicago.edu)
Date: Fri Feb 14 2003 - 05:21:20 EST

    I'm in the process of killing AbiWord's wrapper script. However, the
    wrapper script is used and/or referenced all over the diving make
    system. So, before I can rip things out, I need to know what people are
    using. All these questions only apply on Unixy systems.

    1. Is anyone using the diving make system to create tgz packages? This
    would involve syntax something like

    $ make install ABI_DIST_TARGET=tgz

    or something similar.

    2. Is anyone using the diving make system to create any packages? How
    do the rpm/deb/etc packages get made?

    3. If the answer to one of the above is yes,

      a) could you switch to the autoconfiscated system?, or

      b) do you understand the diving make packaging system?

    I used to understand this stuff, and helped write parts of it, but now I
    just want it to go away. If you want to keep it, please respond soon.

    --
    sam th <sam@uchicago.edu>