[Fwd: Re: commit: Test code for abiwidget and bonobo control.]

From: Martin Sevior (msevior@physics.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Thu Feb 20 2003 - 20:31:26 EST

    -----Forwarded Message-----

    From: Martin Sevior <msevior@physics.unimelb.edu.au>
    To: F J Franklin <F.J.Franklin@sheffield.ac.uk>
    Subject: Re: commit: Test code for abiwidget and bonobo control.
    Date: 21 Feb 2003 12:24:18 +1100

    On Fri, 2003-02-21 at 00:24, F J Franklin wrote:
    > On Thu, 20 Feb 2003, Martin Sevior wrote:
    > > CVS: Added Files:
    > > CVS: abicontrol/xp/AbiControl.cpp abicontrol/xp/AbiControl.h
    > > CVS: abicontrol/xp/test-container.c
    > >
    > > I have my own purpose built Makefile that compiles AbiControl but won't
    > > work anywhere else. I hope fjf or mg will provide a proper build system.
    > >
    > > Once the widget works we can work on getting the bonobo control working
    > > again so we can embed abiword in Evolution, Nautilus, Epiphany, Gnumeric,
    > > Merchant and any other gnome app that needs a word processor.
    >
    > This seems a little awkward to me. Certainly doable, but I wonder whether
    > moving this into abi isn't a lot simpler. See attached patch (untested)
    > for basic idea.

    I see. I was wondering about this but I thought it was cleaner to keep
    test code like this out of the main tree. On the other hand if it helps
    developers get up to speed on using the widget and the bonobo control it
    might be a good idea.

    What do others think? Should we put the AbiWidget and test-container.c
    in the main build system?

    I guess I already crossed the line withe --AbiControl command-line
    option.

    What do others think?

    (PS there are some casting issues I need to work out still with the
    widget.)

    --
    Martin Sevior <msevior@physics.unimelb.edu.au>
    University of Melbourne