Re: OS X 10.1.x version MIA

From: Eric Zen (ericzen@ez-net.com)
Date: Wed Feb 26 2003 - 13:03:39 EST

    On 2003.02.26 11:46 Gareth wrote:
    > Hi, Mr. Zen
    >
    > I'm not on the AbiWord mailing lists because I'm not an AbiWord user. I
    > did try it, and liked what I saw, but I ran into a brick wall when I
    > wanted to try a newer version. Despite claims on various parts of the
    > web site that the Mac OS X version will run on version 10.1.x, all of
    > the downloadables have filenames that include the word "jaguar," which
    > is version 10.2. And going to the "Latest Releases" page has no mention
    > of Mac versions at all.
    >
    > Does this show a change in policy to go with 10.2 and up, which hasn't
    > been reflected in the web pages, or is it a temporary glitch from Hub's
    > currently Mac-less state? Whichever it is, I'd love a link to the older
    > version. (I think it was Abiword 1.0.1, but it might have been just 1.0).
    >
    > Best wishes,
    >
    > -Gareth Jones

    First, and I'm pulling this right out of my butt, but I don't think any of the Aqua specializations have focused too much on anything Jaguar specific (well, based on the lack of "this if for Jaguar" or "This is for 10.2" comments in the commits).

    Second, you could consider a source build, but you'll probably need help from the developers' list based on the last build information for OS X that I saw.

    Finally, I'm going to send this to both the Dev list (for whomever may be building for OS X) and to Hub (stable maintainer).

    Be patient, cross your fingers and have a dead chicken on standby,

    Eric