Re: OS X 10.1.x version MIA

From: F J Franklin (F.J.Franklin@sheffield.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Feb 26 2003 - 13:37:15 EST

    > On 2003.02.26 11:46 Gareth wrote:
    >> I'm not on the AbiWord mailing lists because I'm not an AbiWord user. I
    >> did try it, and liked what I saw, but I ran into a brick wall when I
    >> wanted to try a newer version. Despite claims on various parts of the
    >> web site that the Mac OS X version will run on version 10.1.x, all of
    >> the downloadables have filenames that include the word "jaguar," which
    >> is version 10.2. And going to the "Latest Releases" page has no mention
    >> of Mac versions at all.
    >>
    >> Does this show a change in policy to go with 10.2 and up, which hasn't
    >> been reflected in the web pages, or is it a temporary glitch from Hub's
    >> currently Mac-less state? Whichever it is, I'd love a link to the older
    >> version. (I think it was Abiword 1.0.1, but it might have been just 1.0).

    http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/abiword/XAbiWord-1.0.1-2.dmg.gz?download

    The basic problem is that both Hub and I are using 10.2 these days, though
    maybe Hub has access to 10.1 - but as far as the Cocoa port is concerned,
    I think 10.2 is the supported target.

    The 1.0.3 release of XAbiWord was marked as Jaguar because it didn't work
    on 10.0.4; I wasn't able to test it on 10.1.

    The mini-distribution I have that allows building 1.1.x is probably Jaguar
    only, although I don't know of any reason why it couldn't be re-done on
    10.1 - again, I have no way to test the result.

    I'll get around to 1.0.4 (or probably 1.0.5) at some point. The machine I
    use is kinda buried at the moment. I did the 1.1.x build & dependencies on
    my iBook and that took nearly 2 whole days - if time is money then I
    should be charging serious amounts!

    The website should probably be updated to say 10.2.

    Ah, yes... Apple's X11 beta requires 10.2.3, I believe. Reason enough to
    upgrade...

    Regards, Frank

    Francis James Franklin
    F.J.Franklin@shef.ac.uk

      `Medium atomic weights are available: Gold, Lead, Copper, Jet, Diamond,
    Radium, Sapphire, Silver and Steel.
      `Sapphire and Steel have been assigned...'