Re: commit: add initial dictionary download support to NSIS2 installer

From: Andrew Dunbar (hippietrail@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jan 01 2003 - 20:40:57 EST

     --- "Kenneth J. Davis" <jeremyd@computer.org> wrote:
    > update so now during initial installation you can
    > optionally choose to download (from sourceforge)
    > additional dictionaries (using the zipped based
    > ones). Also changed so has references to Major
    > version # which should allow future major releases
    > to coexist a little better (file associations still
    > only map to one release, but at least now you can
    > install to different directories and uninstall them
    > both still).
    >
    > At present only a few dictionaries are listed (yeah
    > I'm kinda lazy).

    Just a note here. On SourceForge we list all the
    dictionaries by locale, but they in fact can resolve
    several links to one single dictionary. For example
    en-GB, en-AU, en-IE, etc all resolve
    to "british.hash".

    When (if) this feature of the installer is automated,
    it must know about this or it could end up downloading
    the same file several times over.

    Nice work (: Andrew Dunbar.

    =====
    http://linguaphile.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/translator.pl http://www.abisource.com