RE : Piece Table with O(log(n)) operations

From: Joaquin Cuenca Abela (e98cuenc@free.fr)
Date: Mon Jan 06 2003 - 17:24:18 EST

    Just a follow-up. I've put in the web page some profile data (just for
    the insert and delete operation, not yet anything complex).

    It sports a ~10 microseconds insertion and delete time for documents of
    roughly 30,000 pages.

    I've also fixed the reference implementation (both, insert and delete
    operations were broken in my first try) and made more regression tests.
    (I'm not yet sure if it's 100% perfect, but it's getting there :)

    The code has not yet been heavily optimized (not in space nor in time).
    I'm pretty confident that I can reduce the memory overhead to less than
    the current AbiWord's double-linked list, and make it still faster
    (maybe 2x faster).

    Cheers,