Re: Entering Japanese Text

From: Martin Sevior (msevior@physics.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Tue Jan 07 2003 - 18:10:21 EST

    On 7 Jan 2003, David Chart wrote:

    > Can someone point me at the software I need to enter Japanese text in
    > HEAD under Linux? I'm on PPC, so source is better than binaries. I've
    > found some instructions on the web, but they're all in Japanese, and my
    > Japanese isn't that good yet.

    Hi David,
            The first thing you need to do is to get XIM working.
    Unfortunately none of the core AbiWord hackers have much experience with
    this. There was good post by Raphael a few days ago explaining his
    attempts to get things working. I suspect that it is not too hard but we
    need explicit help from XIM users.