Commit: Use GTK+ Input Methods

From: Dom Lachowicz (domlachowicz@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jan 08 2003 - 13:01:57 EST

    So, through some collaboration between Hashao and
    myself, we've gotten our frame and keyboard code to
    use a GtkIMContext. I'm not sure if our usage is
    entirely correct - there's no documentation on IM
    contexts that we can find, and I can't decipher all of
    the uses from GtkEntry and GtkTextView, particularly
    why/when we have to "reset" an IMContext, or what the
    3 signals besides "commit" really do, and how one
    might use them properly.

    English text entry seems to work as well as it did
    before this patch, though I needed a HACK to get the
    space key to work. But I was able to write a page of
    text, and things worked. Someone will need to
    investigate this space key business.

    The keybindings still seem to work (Ctrl+S, Ctrl+I,
    Ctrl+U, Ctrl+B tested). The Alt modifiers still seem
    to work (Alt+F gets me the file menu, at least).

    We now also have an "Input Methods" submenu (bug
    4432), much like GtkEntry and GtkTextView, where one
    can change the input method being used. God knows if
    this works correctly. I did change it to "Vietnamese"
    and now some keystrokes get eaten, which is sort-of
    what's supposed to happen, I think.

    Testing would be much appreciated. Bugreports and
    patches are even more welcomed. This is a step in the
    right direction. How large of one remains to be seen.

    Dom

    CVS:
    CVS: Enter Log. Lines beginning with `CVS:' are
    removed automatically
    CVS:
    CVS: Committing in .
    CVS:
    CVS: Modified Files:
    CVS: src/af/ev/unix/ev_UnixKeyboard.cpp
    CVS: src/af/ev/unix/ev_UnixKeyboard.h
    CVS: src/af/xap/unix/xap_UnixFrameImpl.cpp
    CVS: src/af/xap/unix/xap_UnixFrameImpl.h
    CVS: src/af/xap/xp/xap_String_Id.h
    CVS: