Re: XIM

From: Dom Lachowicz (domlachowicz@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jan 09 2003 - 10:03:44 EST

    > Meanwhile, however, AbiWord is still doubling the
    > characters that I type in
    > when I am not yet in XIM mode. That behavior is
    > certainly a bug that ought to
    > be fixed. I notice it both with my XIM and with
    > interxim, which uses the same
    > IMdkit.

    I don't notice this with any of the XIMs that are
    shipped with GTK+2.0/RedHat 8. I've also had success
    from Japanese and Chinese speakers that everything
    "just works". Perhaps there is a problem with how your
    XIM is communicating with GTK+2.0.

    I don't feel like downloading your XIM just to try it
    out. If you could debug this a bit, I'd appreciate it.
    How do things work with your XIM and, say, GEdit2?