Re: [Fwd: Re: equations] Luca Padovani <lpadovan@cs.unibo.it>

From: Martin Sevior (msevior@physics.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Mon Jan 13 2003 - 13:09:38 EST

    On 11 Jan 2003, A.Pruszynski wrote:

    > > From: Luca Padovani <lpadovan@cs.unibo.it>
    > > To: A.Pruszynski <abiword@wp.pl>
    > > Cc: abiword-dev@abisource.com
    > > Subject: Re: equations
    > > Date: 11 Jan 2003 13:53:20 +0100
    > >
    > > Hi all,

    > > > Requested features helps choosing the way for development.
    > >
    > > although I haven't participated explicitly to abiword's development so
    > > far, I was in touch with Martin Sevior for adding math support
    > > (rendering/editing) within abiword. The idea was to create a bonobo
    > > component around my gtkmathview widget for mathml
    > > (http://helm.cs.unibo.it/mml-widget) which could be embedded in abiword
    > > documents (and hopefully elsewhere). The basic prerequisite to start
    > > investigating this was having the widget understand "editing", which is
    > > what I've been working on in the last few months. I can say I'm pretty
    > > close to releasing the first version with editing support within weeks.

    This is great news Luca :-).

    > Maybe we can find equation supporters?!
    >
    > I can support 20 awards $45 each for equations development. So, $900 for
    > the equations...! (if it starts just now)

    Well I can see the end of tables and footnotes now. After these my next
    priority is bonobo for AbiWord 2. Then bug fixing till 2.0. I've been
    thinking a lot about what to do next after those and although text
    wrapping and text boxes are probabally more interesting to the majoring of
    users what I'd most like to do is Equations, so I do hope to work on
    equations within the next 6 months.

    Having Luca's help will be enormously useful.