Re: sint/uint mismatches (footnotes, tables)

From: Martin Sevior (msevior@physics.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Wed Jan 15 2003 - 13:39:09 EST

    On Wed, 15 Jan 2003, Tomas Frydrych wrote:

    > Building AW I have noted a number of uint/sint mismatches in
    > comparisons; I do not want to mess up code I am not familiar with or
    > to step on anyone's toes, but these should either be dealt with by
    > change of type or explicit casts to avoid any hard-to-trace bugs in
    > the future.

    HI Tomas,
            It's great to hear from you again :-) I decided to use sint
    wherever possible because the bugs that arise from uint when it goes < 0
    are harder to find.

    > FL_DocLayout::getNthFootnote(UT_sint32 i) Can the i passed to this
    > function ever be <0? If not, it should probably be changed to uint; as
    > it stands the first line of the function's body contains uint/sint
    > comparison that should be addressed.

    Right this should be cast. I'll commit a fix for this Real Soon Now and
    put in an assert for i>0

    > fp_TableContainer::_size_allocate_pass2(void) row and col, are
    > defined as sint, col being in uint/sint mismatch on line 3308.

    Done

    > fp_TableContainer::sizeRequest(fp_Requisition * pRequisition) sint
    > col in uint/sint mismatch on line 3432

    Done

    > AP_TopRuler::mouseRelease (table-related code) line 2589
    > (m_draggingCell ==) 2599, 2616, 2624, 2629, 2634 (i <=, etc.)

    Done.

    Thanks very much! Will commit Real Soon Now :-)