Re: Announce: Intent to release 1.0.4 next Wednesday

From: Andrew Dunbar (hippietrail@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jan 16 2003 - 18:18:29 EST

     --- Hubert Figuiere <hfiguiere@teaser.fr> wrote: >
    Hi,

    > What about releasing 1.0.4 next Wednesday (at the
    > time as 1.1.3) ?
    >
    > I'd like to have Windows build tested before. UNIX
    > too. Can someone
    > make pre-release builds for Win32 ?

    I wouldn't agree with releasing for Windows quite yet.
    Last night I had a rare opportunity to CVS update and
    build. I found lots of rendering problems, some very
    annoying spellcheck problems still there, and found
    the barbarism support very flaky. Sadly I won't have
    another opportunity even to run AbiWord for at least a
    week. I'll try to get bug reports in for this stuff
    just from memory if I can. In the meantime can people
    put the Windows version through some heavy testing.
    At least check against every major-sounding open bug
    report, and try loading every document from the test
    directory.

    Other than that I can't wait for the next release
    either!

    Andrew.

    =====
    http://linguaphile.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/translator.pl http://www.abisource.com