problems building most recent gtk2

From: Robert Staudinger (st@stereolyzer.net)
Date: Fri Jan 17 2003 - 16:06:47 EST

    Hello,

    I'm totally desperate.
    Following abiword HEAD for the last couple of weeks I never had problems
    keeping up building on linux/ppc, gcc-3.2.1 against recent gnome-2.x
    devel.
    Yesterday my build failed so I thought getting a totally new tree would
    probably be a good idea.
    But it didn't help.
    It would be great if anyone could tell me what I'm doing wrong.

    ./configure --prefix=<prefix>, no additional stuff && make

    [...]
    Configured to build on a Unix/Linux platform.
    Configured with libjpeg support.

      XML Parser: libxml2 in -L/usr/lib -lxml2 -lz -lm
      zlib: zlib in -lz
      PNG Library: libpng in -lpng
      popt: libpopt in -lpopt
      WV Library: supplied wv in
    /home/robert/Download/g2-dep/abiword/wv
      iconv: system iconv
      spelling: pspell in system location

    Type make to build AbiWord.
    make -C ./../wv BUILD_FOR_ABIWORD=1
    make[1]: Entering directory `/home/robert/Download/g2-dep/abiword/wv'
    make[1]: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/robert/Download/g2-dep/abiword/wv'
    make: *** [wv] Error 2
    [robert@mostpress abi]$

    I also tried --with-sys-wv but couldn't make it find it's headers
    although messing around with CPPFLAGS a lot, even copying them to
    /usr/include

    Thanks for your time,
    Robert