Re: Windows build documentation

From: Kenneth J. Davis (jeremyd@computer.org)
Date: Fri Jan 17 2003 - 23:11:18 EST

    On Sat, 18 Jan 2003 03:19:20 +0000 (GMT) Andrew Dunbar <hippietrail@yahoo.com> wrote:

    AD> A friend of mine, an excellent professional programmer
    AD> has expressed an interest in hacking AbiWord while he
    AD> too is out of a job. He doesn't have MSVC and wants
    AD> to read up on how to build without it. I can't seem
    AD> to find the relevant build docs on the net even though
    AD> I'm sure they're there and I've heard they are up-to-
    AD> date.

    I assume you are refering to the abi/BUILD.TXT file which (for HEAD)
    is now abi/docs/build/BUILD.{abw|txt} (the html one may be
    out of date). If you don't want to get the whole tarball
    nor feel like looking at it through bonsai, you can view
    the individual files here
    http://abiword.pchasm.org/source/cvs/abiword-cvs/abi/docs/build/
    and of course my personal build document (based partially
    on a pre-release of the updated build.txt) that is MSVC biased,
    http://abiword.pchasm.org/source/docs/abi2build.html
    which I will try to update to include building with other compilers
    (MinGW and hopefully soon OpenWatcom) after I take the time
    to do it. :-)

    AD> Sorry to bug the list with such an apparently obvious
    AD> question but I've looked on www.abisource.com under
    AD> the Developer heading and I've done Google searches
    AD> inside and outside of the abisource.com domain.
    AD> Unfortunately I can't really look through the source
    AD> distro for the answer...

    Hmm, maybe I should add a search function to ease looking
    through the source on my site...

    AD> Andrew Dunbar.

    Jeremy
    jeremyd@computer.org