Re: Re[2]: INS

From: Andrew Dunbar (hippietrail@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jan 20 2003 - 20:40:54 EST

     --- Omer Zak <omerz@actcom.co.il> wrote: > Yes, this
    is what I would like to have if I press
    > the INS key by mistake.
    >
    > A minor detail: I hate the "Never show this dialog
    > again" piece. What if in the future someone wants
    > to have the dialog back?
    > But this is only a detail.

    Something which AbiWord doesn't seem to have yet is
    a set of "unapproved" patches.
    This is a perfect candidate for such a patch.
    Somebody could write (and maintain) it for those
    people who want it, for a price. The code is never
    committed to the mainline AbiWord CVS server but is
    kept elsewhere.
    For Unix/Linux users that is all that would be needed.
    For Windows users, they typically have no means of
    building their own application binaries so we would
    also need to build them and deliver them or place them
    somewhere for download.

    SourceForge would probably be a good place to host
    such an idea and PayPal could handle payments. In
    fact
    I'd do it myself right now but I don't have internet
    access on my development machine.

    Still if anyone thinks this is a good idea, not may be
    the time to discuss it.

    Andrew Dunbar.