Re: programming AbiWord (was: Re: Code patches vs. macros vs. plugins (was: Re: Re[2]: INS)

From: Omer Zak (omerz@actcom.co.il)
Date: Tue Jan 21 2003 - 09:58:49 EST

    On Tue, 21 Jan 2003, Tomas Frydrych wrote:

    > AbiWord has a decent scripting framework in place which makes it
    > possible to script it in pretty much anything decent.

    Excellent!

    > I think we would benefit from some simple scripting language very
    > easy to use, something so simple that the church secretary might be
    > able to use that for very basic stuff.

    For very simple/beginner level tasks, Tcl is the answer. If someone wants
    to do something more complicated, which requires real program design and
    programming, he can learn another scripting language.

    Now, does AbiWord have a mechanism to change the INS key binding so that
    it'll invoke a script (which will pop up a dialog, which needs an extra
    mouse click to be dismissed) instead of changing the caret color?

                                                 --- Omer