Re: programming AbiWord (was: Re: Code patches vs. macros vs. plugins (was: Re: Re[2]: INS)

From: Dom Lachowicz (domlachowicz@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jan 21 2003 - 10:40:27 EST

    > After having recovered from fainting, the old lady
    > in the church has
    > tarred and feathered you due to witchcraft, usage of
    > obscene language and
    > being a way too smart for her.
    >
    > So, it may be a good idea to add a Preferences
    > dialog, which will let her
    > choose a keypress combination (like INS or even
    > CTRL-SHIFT-U) and specify
    > if and which built-in action or script is to be
    > invoked by this keypress
    > combination.

    Old ladies don't write macros or scripts to do such
    things. We've got a solution, we're implementing it. I
    thought you wanted to know something about how you, a
    seemingly capable developer, could do such thing from
    within the AbiWord codebase or from a scripting
    language. Apparently not.

    If you want to associate keypress combos with macros,
    please write up a framework to do so. Harassing
    developers won't get you anywhere.