APOLOGY (was: Re: programming AbiWord (was: Re: Code patches vs. macros vs. plugins...))

From: Omer Zak (omerz@actcom.co.il)
Date: Tue Jan 21 2003 - 11:14:16 EST

    On Tue, 21 Jan 2003, Dom Lachowicz wrote:

    > > After having recovered from fainting, the old lady
    > > in the church has
    > > tarred and feathered you due to witchcraft, usage of
    > > obscene language and
    > > being a way too smart for her.

    > Old ladies don't write macros or scripts to do such
    > things. We've got a solution, we're implementing it. I
    > thought you wanted to know something about how you, a
    > seemingly capable developer, could do such thing from
    > within the AbiWord codebase or from a scripting
    > language. Apparently not.
    >
    > If you want to associate keypress combos with macros,
    > please write up a framework to do so. Harassing
    > developers won't get you anywhere.

    I apologize if my attempt to use humor to illustrate a desirable feature
    was interpreted as harassment. This was not my intention.

    My intention was to suggest a desirable (at least for me) feature. Even
    if it is to be rejected by the project leaders, this will at least be a
    conscious decision with good reasons - rather than an overlooked feature.

                                                 --- Omer