Commit (STABLE): slender, firm, incredibly sexy address space

From: Mark Gilbert (markgilbert@hotpop.com)
Date: Wed Jan 22 2003 - 19:21:50 EST

    This plugs the alias leak (again).
    The difference between this fix and the last attempts? Not only
    does it plug the leak and reduce the bloat, it also does _NOT_ crash on
    startup! There is a small price to pay. In certain situations there will
    be statistically more cpu usage, but even on my P54C those dont even
    register time-wise on the profile (they total less than .01ms). In return,
    we get a significantly reduced memory footprint.

    I'll forport shortly.
    CVS:
    CVS: Committing in .
    CVS: