Re: (Fwd) Multilingual AbiWord? (Russian/Linux)

From: Rui Miguel Seabra (rms@1407.org)
Date: Fri Jan 24 2003 - 05:30:49 EST

    > From: Sakari Aaltonen <sakari@aplac.hut.fi>
    > Subject: Multilingual AbiWord?
    > To: tomas@frydrych.uklinux.net
    > Date sent: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 20:49:57 +0200 (EET)
    >
    > Hello,
    > my wife teaches Russian and often needs to write multilingual
    > documents, that is, one paragraph is in Russian, say, while the
    > next one might be in English or Finnish. Is this possible with
    > AbiWord? I have collected a few Russian TrueType fonts and tried to
    > install them according to the instructions in the AbiWord Help file's
    > instructions, but I do not seem to succeed.

    Hello, Sakari,

      Yes it is possible. However I am not 100% sure that in the stable
    abiword it worked exactly like the way I'm going to describe how I
    tested:

       First line: Olá
       It got a red squiggle underneath because the language is english

       Third line: Hello
       No red squiggle.

       Select first line, Menu Tools -> Set Language -> Portuguese
       Red Squiggle disappeared.

       Judging on how it works, maybe Set Language should belong to the
    Format menu?

    Rui
    + So let's do it...?