Re: commit: Layout horizontally with screen units.

From: Patrick Lam (plam@plam.lcs.mit.edu)
Date: Fri Jan 24 2003 - 14:38:22 EST

    On Sat, Jan 25, 2003 at 06:28:22AM +1100, Martin Sevior wrote:

    > I left that in in case we needed to revert.

    I think that bonsai/cvs are better at capturing this sort of information
    than leaving the code looking silly; ifdefs make the code harder to
    maintain, and it's not like anyone's going to go and fix up all the evil
    hacks left behind 6 months ago; these things just accumulate until no
    one remembers why they're there anymore.

    > In any case I think abiword in this mode is much more user-friendly
    > than when using layoutunits. Text does not extend past the left margin
    > and there are no more disappearing runs in full justification.

    There's something I don't understand about font handling and layout units.
    I'm going to look into it this weekend and see if I can understand it
    more. Clearly text should not extend into the margins, but neither should
    it wrap differently when printing.

    pat