Re: commit (HEAD): bidi fixes and toolbar

From: Kenneth J. Davis (jeremyd@computer.org)
Date: Sat Jan 25 2003 - 15:13:11 EST

    On Sat, 25 Jan 2003 16:08:31 -0000 Tomas Frydrych <tomas@frydrych.uklinux.net> wrote:

    TF> ap_Win32Frame.cpp/h, ap_Win32FrameImpl.cpp/h: fixed a nasty
    TF> bug in the _bindToolbars() mechanism; incidentaly ap_Win32Frame
    TF> and ap_Win32FrameImpl are rather messed up -- stuff that should
    TF> be in the implementation is in the frame.

    Note: toolbar stuff is inprogress (until today I haven't had a
    chance to work on it) so it has yet to be split (i.e. unaltered),
    and this is a known issue. I also have other changes in my local
    tree, where there is almost nothing to ap_Win32Frame, so I'm
    wondering (ignoring anything related to toolbars) what implementation
    stuff is there in ap_Win32Frame that should be in ap_Win32FrameImpl?
    [I am going to ignore the funny issue of ap_Win32FrameImpl is the
    implementation of ap_Win32Frame which is the Windows implementation of
    ap_Frame.]

    Let's see, methods in ap_Win32Frame that don't directly forward to ap_Win32FrameImpl
    - the construction/destruction/initialization stuff, I don't see anything
    here that should be put into the impl
    - toolbar functions, covered above, being done as I write this
    - bindToolbars, already moved in my local tree and I see now you did this
    in cvs version as well
    - toggleStatusBar, it calls some FrameData stuff, which I thought was
    silly to have the impl do (why FrameData still exists now that there is
    an impl class I'm not sure, but more work than I wanted to do) and
    then calls into the impl class to update the container window.
    - get/setZoomPercentage, calls super class func or uses FrameData
    - createViewGraphics, calls impl to create, sets the zoom, returns
    - setViewFocus, empty
    - createScrollBarListener, clearly marked as INPROGRESS
    - replaceView, override to add in code because of a logic flaw somewhere
    - scrollFuncX/Y, gets the Frame then calls impl function
    - that's it

    I realize you don't have access to my local changes, but I
    would appreciate it if sometime in the next few weeks after
    I commit them if you would let me know what you think should
    still be move to the impl class.

    TF> Tomas

    Jeremy Davis
    jeremyd@computer.org