Re: The hash downloader

From: Gabriel Gerhardsson (gabrielg@home.se)
Date: Mon Jan 27 2003 - 15:18:35 EST

    On Mon, 2003-01-27 at 20:55, Martin Sevior wrote:
    > On 27 Jan 2003, Marc Maurer wrote:
    >
    > > > I don't know what the "user" community thinks of this feature and
    > > > its benefits and therefore I leave it to better heads to determine if it
    > > > belongs in AbiWord sources and to maintain it.
    > >
    > > I've seen quite a lot of users happy with this feature on Forums. I
    > > haven't seens a single complaint, and that in a time were trolls
    > > propulate the boards.
    > >
    > > Besides that, I think it's a really nice feature to have. If anyone
    > > wants to bitch against it, let them build Abi without the downloader or
    > > fork Abi and remove the whole thing.
    > >

    > I agree with Marc. I used it and liked it. However the issue of what to do
    > if/when sourceforge goes out of business and we have that website compiled
    > into the code, needs to be addressed.

    I'm glad that some people find it useful. But i'm sadly out of
    motivation for developing it. :(

    At least the current scheme includes a flag in the dictionary-list
    (downloaded from abisource.com) that can be set to disable the feature.
    With a dialog-box informing of this, the first time. After that it's
    completely disabled. Also, the download hosts comes within the
    dictionary-list (so we could for example change to download the
    dictionaries from savannah if we like).
    I tried to think ahead.

    Take care
    /Gabriel