Re: commit (HEAD): style import work

From: Tomas Frydrych (tomas@frydrych.uklinux.net)
Date: Sun Jun 08 2003 - 04:55:25 EDT

    Hi Dom,

    > If all of the importers first import normal.awt to get
    > the document and style information, and if those
    > properties aren't overwritten by the importer itself
    > (i.e. probably only rtf, doc, or abw will do this), do
    > we need to have this pref once we have a way to set
    > the value somewhere in the UI? I'm thinking not.
    If we always import document properties from normal.awt (both for new
    and existing docs) than we do not need to have this preference. To me
    this is by far a better solution, because the change of that
    preference currently requires AW restart. However, I was under the
    impression that there were some objections to loading the props from
    normal.awt from other folk on the list.

    The importStyles() mechanism only imports styles, not the doc props.
    For the AW importer alone we will need to implement extra mechanism
    for import both of doc props and styles (should be done together to
    avoid parsing the template twice). This is trivial, and I will do it
    later today.

    Tomas