Re: Serious bug in cofigure script for Aiksaurus-1.0

From: Francis James Franklin (f.j.franklin@sheffield.ac.uk)
Date: Sun Jun 15 2003 - 06:09:47 EDT

    On Thursday, June 12, 2003, at 03:37 PM, Dom Lachowicz wrote:
    > We can
    > probably get around this by renaming the directory to
    > 'base' or something similar.
    > --- Martin Sevior <msevior@physics.unimelb.edu.au>
    > wrote:
    >> Aiksaurus has a rather unfortunately named directory
    >> called "core"!
    >>
    >> The configure script also has the following line:
    >>
    >> rm -f core core.* *.core &&
    >>
    >> So after having nicely configure the core directory
    >> with Makefiles and
    >> whatnot the configure script happily deletes it on
    >> my RH 9 box :-)
    >>
    >> Removing the the "rm core....." line
    >>
    >> fixes this and enables the build to procede.

    Hi Martin,

    I knew about this, it has been bothering me but apart from complaints
    it hadn't given me any build problems... Your suggested fix isn't
    really possible, so I've done as dom suggested and just renamed &
    merged the directories "core" & "core/src" as "base".

    Ciao, Frank

      9. Has the work, for you, a metaphysical dimension? Yes ( ) No ( )
    10. What is it (twenty-five words or less)?

                                                - Snow White, Donald
    Barthelme