Re: commit: abi: auto* build-system option for built-in plugins

From: Francis James Franklin (f.j.franklin@sheffield.ac.uk)
Date: Mon Jun 16 2003 - 16:02:57 EDT

    On Monday, June 16, 2003, at 09:47 PM, Rui Miguel Seabra wrote:
    > On Mon, 2003-06-16 at 18:56, Francis James Franklin wrote:
    >> if/when this actually works, you should be able to do things like:
    >>
    >> ./configure --with-builtin-plugins=xhtml,xsl-fo,docbook
    >>
    >> o new, experimental --with-builtin-plugins configure option
    >
    > What's this supposed to do, exactly?

    First of all, please note that this is an option to abi's configure,
    not the plugins' configure. This option is probably not of any interest
    to you since AbiWord should really stick with the plugins paradigm.

    However, QNX and MingW have, if I understand things correctly, problems
    with linking plugins and there has been a bug or two filed about this.
    The current changes are an attempt to link the plugin code into the
    main binary.

    (Ironically I'm doing this for the unix build and the auto* build
    system - but that's what I use atm.)

    > ps: I would still love plugins being turned on with --with-pluginname
    > instead of --enable-pluginname ;

    This would not be difficult, but might annoy a few people...

    Ciao, Frank

      9. Has the work, for you, a metaphysical dimension? Yes ( ) No ( )
    10. What is it (twenty-five words or less)?

                                                - Snow White, Donald
    Barthelme