Re: CMS publishing from AbiWord (fwd)

From: Dom Lachowicz (domlachowicz@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Jun 20 2003 - 13:40:01 EDT

    So I'm outright confused about this and would like at
    least these things to be answered on list:

    1) How does AbiWord fit into your CMS? What role does
    it play?
    2) What do you require of AbiWord in order to do this?
    3) Where does Webdav fit into this? Is it just to
    push/pull documents?
    4) Why is there talk of using a Webdav hack plugin for
    AbiWord instead of just using GnomeVFS (or more
    correctly, LibGSF using a GnomeVFS backend)?

    After 2.0, it is my intention to use LibGSF inside of
    AbiWord for all document-based input/output. If all
    you require from AbiWord is a working editor with a
    network-aware persistance mechanism, you should have
    one within about 2 months. Unless there is some really
    good explanation and reasoning, I won't let #4 be
    committed to our source tree.

    Thanks,
    Dom