Re: [RFC] Proposed AbiWord preferences dialog mockup, 2nd attempt

From: Andrew Dunbar (hippietrail@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Jun 22 2003 - 22:12:43 EDT

     --- Dom Lachowicz <domlachowicz@yahoo.com> wrote: >
    --- Christian Neumair <chris@gnome-de.org> wrote:
    > > Am Son, 2003-06-22 um 15.01 schrieb Dom Lachowicz:
    > > > Please remove the whole "Toolbars" section in
    > the
    > > > first screenshot. There is a better way to show
    > &&
    > > > hide the toolbars.
    > > What about the button style? Do we adapt to the
    > > system (ie GNOME's)
    > > default? Should I remove the allow custom toolbars
    > > preference, too?
    >
    > We *should* adapt to the system default here (but
    > don't yet do so). You should keep the "allow custom
    > toolbars" preference.
    >
    > > I assume you refer to Thomas' last commit mail. It
    > > looks like he didn't
    > > remove the Hebrew glyph shaping setting, but
    > instead
    > > the 'Determine
    > > glyph shapes from context' preference which I
    > > already removed from the
    > > mockup.
    >
    > Yes, this is my mistake. Please keep the option.

    Actually my understanding was that very few people
    would have any use for 'Hebrew glyph shaping' and that
    it was going to become a Profile-only option
    whereas 'Determine glyph shapes from context' was
    being replaced by a smarter algorithm which needed no
    preference setting at all.

    So shouldn't both setting vanish from the GUI but only
    the 2nd vanish from everywhere else?

    Andrew.