Should we force GNOME dependency?

From: Christian Neumair (chris@gnome-de.org)
Date: Mon Jun 23 2003 - 14:00:58 EDT

    We depend on libglade anyway and as it would be nice to use GNOME
    defaults e.g. for cursor blink, I'd love to add a gconf dependency and
    maybe we should even depend on the packages providing the neccessary
    gconf keys.
    So I'd love to remove the --enable-gnome configure time option and
    always depend on GNOME.
    It will definitly be a pain to maintain two versions as soon as we want
    to integrate really deep with the desktop system (and that's what you
    expect a good application to do from a user's point of view).
    Of course - as we are already in beta stage - it is target >2.0.x. I'm
    just making proposals :).

    regs,
     Chris