Re: Scripting Resources, Collapsible Outlining

From: Dom Lachowicz (domlachowicz@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jun 23 2003 - 15:20:11 EDT

    > Just to make sure I didn't mislead you, recording
    > keystrokes is not the
    > essential thing, I just used it as an example of the
    > kind of thing I need to
    > do. That is, create a script in AbiWord that
    > performs functions (search and
    > replace, etc., ...) just like I could if I was at
    > the keyboard.

    You can sort-of do this via the 'AbiCommand' plugin,
    especially if you could make it load a "session" from
    disk or some standard file (STDIN). This would involve
    some knowledge of C++ and AbiWord to get working.

    You can't do this with Python currently.

    You could maybe hack together something like this
    using the Perl plugin. It would involve knowing too
    much about Perl and AbiWord for any sane person to
    implement, especially since you'd most likely need to
    implement many of the Perl bindings as you needed
    them.

    > Anyway, guess I'll just have to wait until after
    > 2.0.

    Yup, sorry.