GUADEC, thanks for the memories (and the beer)

From: Alan Horkan (horkana@maths.tcd.ie)
Date: Wed Jun 25 2003 - 12:14:02 EDT

    I was going to send this last week but I may as well send it now.

    I just want to thank all of you who were able to attend this years GUADEC
    in Trinity College Dublin. (Took a few days but my voice recovered
    eventually).

    For those of you who couldn't make it, hard luck hopefully we will
    meet next time.

    If you want the recipe for Dessert here is a good place to start
    http://www.banoffee.co.uk/banoffee/
    Mmm, banoffee, banana, biscuit, toffee. If you specifically want the
    recipe that was used I can type it up for you but frankly I think there
    are better versions of the recipe available but they often require making
    the biscuit and toffee from scratch.

    I enjoyed both Martin (and Dom's) Abiword talk and Dom (and Christian's)
    SVG talk. Presenting the Abiword talk in Abiword running full screen was
    particularly elegant. Also, Jody Goldberg's Gnumeric talk gives us more
    reason for optimism.

    I dont contribute as much as I would like to Abiword and it was great to
    be able to do something for the developers.

    Thanks agian for visiting.

    Sincerely

    Alan Horkan
    http://advogato.org/person/AlanHorkan/