photos was Re: GUADEC, thanks for the memories (and the beer)

From: Daniel Glassey (danglassey@ntlworld.com)
Date: Fri Jun 27 2003 - 12:50:25 EDT

    They are a bit random and not particularly good quality but fwiw my
    photos from guadec are now at

    http://www.crosswire.org/~dglassey/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=album09

    Random Abi folks appear here and there, with the first 3 being from
    around the AbiWord presentation and #13 from Dom & Christian's.

    Alan Horkan wrote:
    > I was going to send this last week but I may as well send it now.
    >
    > I just want to thank all of you who were able to attend this years GUADEC
    > in Trinity College Dublin. (Took a few days but my voice recovered
    > eventually).
    >
    > For those of you who couldn't make it, hard luck hopefully we will
    > meet next time.
    >
    > If you want the recipe for Dessert here is a good place to start
    > http://www.banoffee.co.uk/banoffee/
    > Mmm, banoffee, banana, biscuit, toffee. If you specifically want the
    > recipe that was used I can type it up for you but frankly I think there
    > are better versions of the recipe available but they often require making
    > the biscuit and toffee from scratch.

    *sigh* As a member of the RCPS (http://www.banoffee.co.uk/rcps) it's a
    shame I missed that, but maybe next time ;)

    > I enjoyed both Martin (and Dom's) Abiword talk and Dom (and Christian's)
    > SVG talk. Presenting the Abiword talk in Abiword running full screen was
    > particularly elegant. Also, Jody Goldberg's Gnumeric talk gives us more
    > reason for optimism.
    >
    > I dont contribute as much as I would like to Abiword and it was great to
    > be able to do something for the developers.
    >
    > Thanks agian for visiting.

    I'll second the applicable parts of that
    Regards,
    Daniel