Re: [Fwd: [Free-sklyarov-uk] Microsoft intends to use DRM to prevent competing office products maintaining compatability]

From: Rui Miguel Seabra (rms@1407.org)
Date: Fri Jun 27 2003 - 13:33:05 EDT

    WTF is wrong with you people?

    This is a known risk that has been predicted ever since DRM, TCPA,
    Palladium/NGSCB etc... came about.

    Now, yes this is a rumour, but there's both technical (it's perfectly
    feasible under the approaching panorama) and strategical (it's in their
    best interest against a growing competition they can't buy their way out
    of) reasons it should not be discarded, much less in the way you're
    doing it.

    My only hope is that we'll never reach the day when I'd be able to say
    "I told you so..."

    Rui

    + So let's do it...?

    Please AVOID sending me WORD, EXCEL or POWERPOINT attachments. See http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html