Re: [Fwd: [Free-sklyarov-uk] Microsoft intends to use DRM to prevent competing office products maintaining compatability]

From: Rui Miguel Seabra (rms@1407.org)
Date: Fri Jun 27 2003 - 16:01:09 EDT

  • Next message: Francis James Franklin: "Re: [Fwd: [Free-sklyarov-uk] Microsoft intends to use DRM to prevent competing office products maintaining compatability]"

    On Fri, 2003-06-27 at 18:08, Dom Lachowicz wrote:
    > > WTF is wrong with you people?
    >
    > RUI, you are a OSS zealot with a huge bias against
    > MSFT and all things non-GNU.

    Am I biased against AbiWord? No. Is AbiWord a GNU project? No.

    Hence, I'm not biased against all things non-GNU.
    I'm assuming that you're referring to non-GNU projects, but if you're
    referring to other kinds of things please be more explicit and I'll
    pleasently rebute them just as easily.

    Am I biased agains MSFT? No. Do I like what they are doing? No.
    Am I biased against non-free software? Yes. Do I have good reasons for
    it? Yes.

    Does that make me a zealot? I don't know. Maybe in some people's eyes.
    I think that I am quite far from the definition of zealot, but maybe for
    some people "a little off their track" makes another person a zealot
    about whatever. Let's not go down the path of name calling.

    > You give us un-substantiated information from a
    > potential inside source.

    I clearly admitted that straight from the beggining.
    I clearly said:

    "If this is true then it is a scandal."

    So don't be righteous upon me. Please don't throw your anger against
    something else towards me as an easy target. I consider this a lot more
    dangerous to our beloved Abi than those TextMaker dolts that pay google
    to have bad mouthed ads. They are nothing but our allies against this if
    it proves to be real.

    > If you want to flame MSFT based on partial
    > information, go to Slashdot. They seem to welcome that
    > sort of bias there. Keep this crud/fud off of my list.

    This unreasonable reaction could be revealing of a bias in the opposite
    direction, did you think about that? I believe that's not the truth but
    what if someone reads the list and doesn't really know who you are?

    Calm down, please.

    Hugs, Rui

    + So let's do it...?

    Please AVOID sending me WORD, EXCEL or POWERPOINT attachments. See http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html