Re: patch for libgnomedb headers

From: Dom Lachowicz (domlachowicz@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jun 30 2003 - 08:23:13 EDT

    > hmm, we've got, in libgda, a XML format to create
    > .connection files
    > which contain all necessary information to connect
    > to the database. We
    > can easily add there info for commands to be run.
    >
    > We've got also the XML query format, which although
    > not use too
    > extensively, it works pretty well. So, we can make a
    > GUI to design the
    > query, save that query to a file and run it over
    > from the command line.
    > It shouldn't be hard at all.
    >
    > What would be needed in the abiword part to do this?

    In order of precedence:

    1) Some glue code to pass this data to GDA and then
    get back a result set
    2) Some code to easily define the field names (you've
    already mentioned the field-picker GUI that you intend
    to work on)
    3) A GUI to easily create queries (though doing this
    in Mergeant and saving the query in a way #1 can
    recognize would definitely be preferable)

    Best regards,