Re: patch for libgnomedb headers

From: Dom Lachowicz (domlachowicz@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jun 30 2003 - 09:33:04 EDT

    > If needed I'd be happy to help on the table creation
    > part of the code.
    > Though I'm sure Dom has that covered. This would be
    > really cool, I'm
    > looking forward to this feature.
    >
    > Can libgda use Gnumeric and/or Evo address book/
    > appointments files as a
    > data sources? It would be really cool to be able to
    > pull info direct from
    > those. We would start to have something like an
    > office suite then.

    It'd be great to be able to use Gnumeric generically
    as a data source. That said, right now we're capable
    of using some Gnumeric files as data sources - that
    is, any file saved in CSV format or a tab-delimited
    text format. This route is sub-optimal, but it's
    preferable to nothing. If we could link a plugin to a
    (currently non-existant) libgnumeric.so or similar,
    this'd be great.

    I'd also like to setup Evo as a data source. Ximian OO
    did this, but it's a hack. I've been advised by
    various Ximian employees not to follow down the same
    route, and that they'd suggest a preferable alternate
    strategy.

    But yes, if we can get Mergeant, Evo, and Gnumeric as
    data sources, that'd be wicked-sweet.

    Cheers,